Articles by Anthony Barnett
Corporate Populism and Partyless Democracy
NLR 3, May-June 2000, pp. 80-89in
Subjects: Britain, Political Theory and Strategy, Labour Movements and Parties
Are there more tensions in New Labour’s constitutional reforms than Peter Mair’s model of a ‘partyless democracy’ allows? Anthony Barnett argues that the style of Blair’s government is actually closer to that of a large media corporation—bound to come to grief on the variegated realities of modern Ukania.Read this article or download a PDF file
Also available in Spanish,
- 'Cambodia Will Never Disappear'
- Iron Britannia (Special Issue)
- Raymond Williams and Marxism: A Rejoinder to Terry Eagleton
- Class Struggle and the Heath Government
- A Revolutionary Student Movement
- Student Power: What Is to Be Done?