Articles by Eric Hobsbawm
NLR 61, January-February 2010, pp. 133-150in
Subjects: History and Historiography , Nationalism , World Economy and Globalization
The author of Age of Extremes discusses the major developments since the end of the Cold War. Amid the turbulence of capital’s advance, what larger problems should historians seek to understand?Read this article or download a PDF file
Also available in Spanish, Greek and Ukrainian
- History and Illusion
- Identity Politics and the Left
- Barbarism: A User's Guide
- The Crisis of Today's Ideologies
- Farewell to the Classic Labour Movement?
- Labour in the Great City
- Marx and History
- Looking Forward: History and the Future
- Some Reflections on 'The Break-up of Britain'
- Confronting Defeat: The German Communist Party
- Problems of Communist History
- The Spanish Background
- Vietnam and the Dynamics of Guerrilla War
- French Communism
- Parliamentary Cretinism?
- Hyndman and the SDF