If you are having trouble with the NLR website, please provide details here, and we will try to improve the site accordingly.
Articles by Anthony Barnett
Corporate Populism and Partyless Democracy
NLR 3, May-June 2000, pp. 80-89in
Subjects: Britain , Political Theory and Strategy , Labour Movements and Parties
Are there more tensions in New Labour’s constitutional reforms than Peter Mair’s model of a ‘partyless democracy’ allows? Anthony Barnett argues that the style of Blair’s government is actually closer to that of a large media corporation—bound to come to grief on the variegated realities of modern Ukania.Read this article or download a PDF file
Also available in Spanish
- 'Cambodia Will Never Disappear'
- Iron Britannia (Special Issue)
- Raymond Williams and Marxism: A Rejoinder to Terry Eagleton
- Class Struggle and the Heath Government
- A Revolutionary Student Movement
- Student Power: What Is to Be Done?