If you are having trouble with the NLR website, please provide details here, and we will try to improve the site accordingly.
Trotsky and the Debate on Socialism in One Country
The object of the present essay is to examine one area of the debate recently engaged in nlr between Nicolas Krassó and Ernest Mandel—the question of ‘Socialism in One Country’. This great historical controversy, waged from the outset in somewhat elusive terms and encrusted today with decades of polemical distortions by both sides, is one where it is particularly important to make an objective and balanced estimate of Trotsky’s position, without any ideological or psychological disposition to ‘vindicate’ one side as against the other.
Subscribe for just £36 and get free access to the archive
Please login on the left to read more or buy the article for £3
- Nicolas Krasso: Reply to Tamara Deutscher
- Perry Anderson: Trotsky's Interpretation of Stalinism
- Ernest Mandel: Trotsky's Marxism: An Anti-Critique
- Ernest Mandel: Trotsky's Marxism: A Rejoinder
- Tamara Deutscher: On Krasso's Reply to Mandel
- Nicolas Krasso: Reply to Ernest Mandel
- Nicolas Krasso: Trotsky's Marxism
- Roberto Yepe: Trotsky's Marxism